Inventory bulk edit

Brewer #223559

Trial Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if there was an option to bulk edit the inventory. Not all the fields but the most common ones.

For fermentables: amount, note
For hops: amount, AA, note

etc

Would be super useful when updating what's actually in my IRL inventory or getting new supplies.

Would be nice if there was an option to bulk edit the inventory. Not all the fields but the most common ones.

For fermentables: amount, note
For hops: amount, AA, note

etc

Would be super useful when updating what's actually in my IRL inventory or getting new supplies.

How do you enter things in inventory now?

How do you enter things in inventory now?

One item at a time. You either click add or edit and enter information in an another "window", click save.

Would be nice if I could click "Bulk edit" and change all items, then click save. Almost like a spreadsheet.

Does that make any sense? =)

One item at a time. You either click add or edit and enter information in an another "window", click save.

Would be nice if I could click "Bulk edit" and change all items, then click save. Almost like a spreadsheet.

Does that make any sense? =)

Yes, now I understand what you are saying! Thanks for making it clearer to me. I'll see what the others say about this. I think it's a good idea!

I've just started looking at the inventory features and was considering building an inventory based on my LHBS. (So searched and found this topic).

My plan was to scrape their website, and try to load the lot in via a script. But I can see something like an "import csv" type function being really useful, so brewers can do stuff in a spreadsheet.

I'm still thinking about how to approach "mapping" the the existing fermentables, rather than creating customs for everything :/

My intent is primarily so I can limit my recipe design to what I easily have access to.
Secondary intent, is to include price for brew cost.

colour estimates are probably what I find most useful, but I'm not overly precious about it. Just trying to tighten my process/design.

Right now there's a feature to support importing BSG craft brewing purchase orders, and Brewersfriend CSV. This is limited right now to premium plus and above, and only available to groups at the moment.

There's already an existing request to make this import function available to personal inventory as well, which should make it available to premium users going forward.

I've added this thread to the request and will followup as the status changes.

Back