Inkbirds and thermowells

jay3847

Trial Member
Reaction score
I own an Inkbird 308 and would like to now purchase a thermowell to get better temp control. To use the thermowell, do you just put the probe inside the well, is it snug? (what a tremendously inappropriate set of questions). Also, any suggestions on brand of thermowell to purchase?

I just pinched off a copper tube and soldered it. My probe fits loose in the well, but it’s deep enough in the beer that it’s only seeing beer temperature. I think I’d prefer metal over plastic for a well.

I own an Inkbird 308 and would like to now purchase a thermowell to get better temp control. To use the thermowell, do you just put the probe inside the well, is it snug? (what a tremendously inappropriate set of questions). Also, any suggestions on brand of thermowell to purchase?
Probe goes inside the thermowell. It isn't snug, it just slides down to the bottom of the probe. Best well I've found for a carboy is a silicone bung with two holes, one for the thermowell and the other for the airlock. Found it on Amazon, this guy:

https://smile.amazon.com/Homebrew-S...468240&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=thermowell&psc=1

It works well with narrow-neck carboys. They make a long silicone probe but I had to do some creative engineering to get that to work in my Speidel.

I use a straight wall thermowell from brewershardware with my inkbird. Works great. I just drilled a hole in the lid and used a rubber airlock grommet.

I would go with that link noisy has, if you look at the pictures on Amazon it even shows an inkbird set up

I did buy the one nosybear suggested and have it in place on a IIPA right now. The difference was about 1/2 a degree from my external sponse/bungee test with the Inkbird probe. This is after high Krausen. I'll be interesting to see how that helps me while fermentation is really ramping up.

Back