Inkbird IPB-16 Trouble

Krael52

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello. Anyone use an Inkbird IPB-16? I’m having some trouble with mine and am hoping for some help.

I was using it today and midway through the it just shut off on me.
The power light is still showing it’s on but everything else is not working.

I’m am definitely not an expert in this area and would like some help.

Thanks

Hello. I use an inkbird temp controller and never have the blackout. Looks like some kind of fault to me. Any chance of returning it?

Sorry, I have the ITC-308S, it is plug and play, can't help with your question.
I thought a post would serve as a bump to your question though

Any fuses maybe. Yep sounds like something gone pear shaped.

Reactions: J A
They have a relay that will switch on and off the power to the heating element which can fail if you look on YouTube barley hops George does a tutorial on the controller

Hello. Anyone use an Inkbird IPB-16? I’m having some trouble with mine and am hoping for some help.

I was using it today and midway through the it just shut off on me.
The power light is still showing it’s on but everything else is not working.

I’m am definitely not an expert in this area and would like some help.

Thanks
I'm sorry to see that you have such an unpleasant experience in the process of using our products, I am a senior from China interns, now work in inkbird.Can you tell me your Settings?If it is convenient for you, you can send me the video of the product, and I can help you solve the problem.

SOLVED - for anyone having the same issue.

I opened up the unit and nothing seemed corroded on the boards. I did notice that one of the two connections to the fuse container had some play on it and when I pushed it inward the unit would power up. But the connector easily was able to slide back. The solution is to inspect the small spring that is inside of the fuse container. My spring was nearly fully compressed with no load on it and I suspected that this was causing the connection of the fuse to the circuit to break. After bringing some "spring" back into the spring, the connector no longer had any play and the unit fired up without issue. Hope it helps, back to brewing!

I opened up the unit and nothing seemed corroded on the boards. I did notice that one of the two connections to the fuse container had some play on it and when I pushed it inward the unit would power up. But the connector easily was able to slide back. The solution is to inspect the small spring that is inside of the fuse container. My spring was nearly fully compressed with no load on it and I suspected that this was causing the connection of the fuse to the circuit to break. After bringing some "spring" back into the spring, the connector no longer had any play and the unit fired up without issue. Hope it helps, back to brewing!
Thanks, I had the same problem and this fixed it!

This happens when the current is really too high for the fuse holder. The heat from the current weakens the springand it compresses to the point that it stops making contact.

Its a bad design

Back