Ingredient descriptions missing?

WesBrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
most of the hops and fermentables have no description at all. a description of the ingredient and typical flavors added to a beer seems like a basic necessity for a brewing application, but its oddly missing everywhere.
A bigger beer mug on the recipe page would be appreciated too, so I can obsess over the color changes when adding ingredients.

Thanks for letting us know, I'll do my best to do a sweep and add missing descriptions as I audit our ingredient database. If there's any in particular that you're looking for, please let us know and we'll get those taken care of asap.

There's an update to overhaul the recipe builder, so I'll make a note of the SRM indicator beer mug size at that time. Just to double check, you're referring to this, correct?

upload_2021-2-19_15-45-51.png

YES! I got used to looking at the color change in a big beer glass in another application and it was fun to watch and fine tune, for those of us obsessed with it. thanks,
-I don't know how many of the hop yeast and malt descriptions are missing I just started trying a bunch and most all had nothing. some of the hops did but a lot were blank.

after using this a few times now, i believe some of the descriptions are in the browse ingredients, but when when in recipe editor, you can't click on an ingredient, or hover over, and get a description. At least not the ones ive looked at so far

after using this a few times now, i believe some of the descriptions are in the browse ingredients, but when when in recipe editor, you can't click on an ingredient, or hover over, and get a description. At least not the ones ive looked at so far

That ones that have descriptions will show in the recipe editor- many grains simply haven't had it added for a variety of reasons, one is that lack of information from many manufacturers. If they give us a description, it is added.

Back