Increase Hop Aroma

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I received a private message from @MiketheB , he intended to start a thread on this subject, so here is his question:

Hello, Home Brewers!
I would like to know (or where to go) to increase my hop aroma...hop aroma. Ive been doing a lot of internet searches (and get a lot of ideas). I want to know what works for you. If you point to something on Brewers Friend let me know. Cheers to all. (Keep safe as always)

Mike, Star City, IN.

This was my initial reply to Mike the Brewer.

Hi Mike
You have sent me a private message as opposed to starting a thread, but that's okay.
More hop aroma means more hops! Dry hop additions to be specific. What is it that you are brewing that you want to increase the aroma with, and what is the hop schedule for it?

@MiketheB

Please provide more information about what recipe you are trying to increase hop aroma.
The good folks here, and myself will be pleased to give you all kinds of advice, and tips!

Never completely sure, but my first thoughts are the same as Craig's. At least one decent late dry hop (as close to the end of fermentation as you can get while there's still some activity, or after with maybe a little bit of sugar to kick fermentation back up again) and following as many of the procedures to minimise exposure to atmosphere during packaging as you can do sensibly. Which should also help to capture as much of the aroma as you can.

Whirlpool and dry hop. Done.

Last edited:

Back