Incorrect fermentation calculation for LME

Old Hippy Brew

Trial Member
Reaction score
When we were creating our recipes, we noticed a calculation error in the fermentation section when it comes to LMEs. We added 6lbs of different LMEs and the cost is $22.99 for a bottle. However, instead of calculating the cost as only $22.99, the system seems to multiply it as $22.99/lb, so then the overall cost suddenly becomes $137.94! It doesn't matter if the recipe is saved before or after, or if we remove the cost and add it back in, it still calculates the amount wrong. Because of this error, we've had to remove the cost of LMEs in our recipes, but would want to have this issue fixed so we can add the costs back in correctly.

Thanks for reaching out, and joining the forums @Old Hippy Brew!

I'm unable to reproduce any issues though, make sure when you're entering the cost info in either the recipe builder or in your inventory, that you're selecting 22.99 for the total price for 6lbs, or 3.83 per pound.

upload_2021-11-7_6-53-17.png

upload_2021-11-7_6-52-11.png

upload_2021-11-7_6-52-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-7_6-50-49.png
    upload_2021-11-7_6-50-49.png
    7 KB · Views: 62
If you're still seeing issues after that, please let us know!

I was trying to add 22.99 and then using the 'Each' option instead of pounds because when we purchase it, that is the overall cost. I thought that by choosing Each, the system would just take that number and not try to divide it out. Is that not the case? Otherwise, what is the purpose of choosing Each?

I was trying to add 22.99 and then using the 'Each' option instead of pounds because when we purchase it, that is the overall cost. I thought that by choosing Each, the system would just take that number and not try to divide it out. Is that not the case? Otherwise, what is the purpose of choosing Each?

“Each” is more for individual items, say whirlfloc tablets or sugar cubes. Since LME is always by weight and you may use 3 pounds in one recipe, or 4 pounds, or 12 pounds, “each” just won’t work. Fermentables are calculated in ppg (points per gallon), and it requires a specific weight for that to happen.

Back