IMPERIAL YEAST

Our "local" yeast is Inland Island - I love the stuff! No starter required for anything below about 1.060 - the vial comes with 200 billion yeast cells! And they have good strains, too.

Nice video! Been watching Imperial grow and with a 200B cell product it’s a nice option. Both Imperial and Wyeast are just a 3 hour drive from Central Oregon. We now have a local malter (Mecca Grade), local hops (plus home grown :)) and awesome well water.

Inland Island is local. Root Shoot and Colorado Malting Co. are both local producers of some very good malts. We have hop farms over in Palisade, if you can get any of their product away from A. C. Golden's "Colorado Native" ale (which ain't bad, by the way!). Water - I skied on ours last season, except maybe for this year when we can't buy a snowflake in the Central Rockies - we have all the local ingredients we could need!

After watching the video (and a very informative video at that), I'm curious to see their new Stand up Pack (paraphrasing)

I'm guessing its like a smack pack but with a flatter wider bottom like 2"

I've been on hiatus for a year, so I just got my first pack of Imperial Flagship A07 for a brew on Saturday. My LHBS said it was fantastic and he was phasing out Wyeast, so I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I've been on hiatus for a year, so I just got my first pack of Imperial Flagship A07 for a brew on Saturday. My LHBS said it was fantastic and he was phasing out Wyeast, so I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
It would be interesting to see the results as well.

Back