Imperial Dry Hop A24

Iliff Avenue Brewhouse

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience it? I normally use A38 Juice for a New England/West Coast IPA hybrid and haven't been as impressed as everyone else seems to be. I really wanted to try Citrus but was afraid it would end up too funky.

Since I couldn't get the thread deleted I may as well update it. Took off very fast and is very vigorous. Woke up this morning to it 8F above ambient and at the top of the recommended range. Had to turn the chamber down which wasn't expected.

Last edited:
Sounds like a race horse! You fermenting on low side of it's range? Hope your flavours desirable.

Sounds like a race horse! You fermenting on low side of it's range? Hope your flavours desirable.

Well I started on the low end and ended up on the high. It shot up from 66F to last night to 74F this morning. Plan was to keep it in the high 60s. Recommended range is 64F - 74F.

Had to google what Imperial Dry Hop A24 and A38 juice even was so I have nada.

A24 is a blend of Conan and WLP644 ( Brux Trois / diastaticus - Imperial also infroms of that ). It can throw off some tropical/pineapple esters. It was thought to be belgian at some point, but it's just a funky vad. diastaticus. Works well in hoppy beers and results in pleasent esters when fermented warm. Keeping it under 70F is a disservice to the yeast blend and the Brux Trois part of the blend.

A24 is a blend of Conan and WLP644 ( Brux Trois / diastaticus - Imperial also infroms of that ). It can throw off some tropical/pineapple esters. It was thought to be belgian at some point, but it's just a funky vad. diastaticus. Works well in hoppy beers and results in pleasent esters when fermented warm. Keeping it under 70F is a disservice to the yeast blend and the Brux Trois part of the blend.

So what they call "Citrus" is WLP644. Good to know. I wish I would have known to keep it above 70F beforehand. I accidentally pitched low and it rose from the mid 60s to 74 very quickly. Most of the activity has subsided and it is sitting at right around 69F now. Thank you for the information!

Last edited:
I think you will be fine. I also think that a slight underpitch will result in more esters, which are desirable in NEIPAs.

I am really liking this yeast. It goes to work very quickly and finishes very quickly. You just have to watch it because it likes to top out at 8F above ambient.

I just pitched it into a blonde ale where only bittering hops were used and the aroma coming out smells like I just dry hopped it. I was planning to dry hop it as well but may just let it ride so I can get a feel for the yeast alone.

I would consider it a specialty yeast that probably wouldn't work well in many styles but I could see in anything where you want more hop perception or even something like a fruit beer.

I use it in all of my dry hop sours as well as all my IPAs that aren't hazy. It elevates any tropical hop.

I use it in all of my dry hop sours as well as all my IPAs that aren't hazy. It elevates any tropical hop.

I think it elevates hops that aren't even there...haha. I prefer it over A38 now. You don't have any problems getting it to clear?

Back