I converted my sugar to syrup...gravity calculations when brewing?

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a bag of clear 0L candy sugar rocks for the longest time, never wanted to use it because they take forever to dissolve.

Tonight I converted 14oz of candy sugar rocks into syrup by diluting and boiling, and now I have golden syrup in a mason jar reading at the 12oz (1.5 cups) line.

My question is, what is the gravity calculations on this? The calculator online here has candy sugar at 38ppg, should I use that? The amount of sugar hasn't changed, it's just a solution now, right?

So... you’re looking for a solution for your solution?

I had a bag of clear 0L candy sugar rocks for the longest time, never wanted to use it because they take forever to dissolve.

Tonight I converted 14oz of candy sugar rocks into syrup by diluting and boiling, and now I have golden syrup in a mason jar reading at the 12oz (1.5 cups) line.

My question is, what is the gravity calculations on this? The calculator online here has candy sugar at 38ppg, should I use that? The amount of sugar hasn't changed, it's just a solution now, right?
I recon it should have the same PPG regardless if it's a solid or a syrup.

If you use all of it, just calculate as if it were the original amount of candi sugar and don't bother calling it syrup. Nothing changed the amount sugar you're adding, you just added water along with it.

Back