Hot Scotchy

Mase

Trial Member
Reaction score
While at my wife’s annual Christmas party at a local pub restaurant last Friday night, I’d met another home brewer and we spent a good bit of time comparing notes while downing a few local brews. During the conversation, he’d asked if I’d ever drank a “Hot Scotchy”, and explained that it’s a simple mixture of hot wort (preferably at the end of the boil), and scotch. He takes about a pint of hot wort and adds a couple shots of scotch (he did say bourbon tastes great as well), and enjoys it while completing a brew day.

We will be brewing an Irish Stout this weekend and plan to give it a try with some Wild Turkey 101.

he said it is one of the most delicious drinks. I guess we will see this coming weekend.

anyone else ever heard of it, or gave it a try?

Last edited:
I had it once at a brewery, they took right off the mash tun and mixed in some Jameson. It's definitely a winter drink! It was actually not too bad. I had it with a scotch ale wort, but I bet a RIS or Irish stout would be even better.

This is brilliant. I have to give it a try. I wish you posted this yesterday...I could have made 6 of them with that crush experiment. Gah!!

Can Brewer's Friend please add an input box accounting for wort losses due to making a Hot Scotchy??;)

I've never had one but saw it on a video by Chop and Brew. Will have to give it a shot.

Yeah that's where I've seen it Chop and Brew Chop chop and brew. Chop for chop and brew for BREW!:D

Sounds like a great Winter warmer. Gotta try it before chilling my next wort.

Back