Hop shots

btbnl

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see hop shots supported. I can kludge the IBU using fake hop additions, but that messes up the water calculations.

Thanks.

I would too! Can you find a source for specific information on them? I've searched all over trying to get a straight "1 ML provides 20 IBUs" or something like that, and I just can't get the data straight. If you have a source, then we could definitely incorporate it!

The Yakima Valley website quotes 1ml = 10IBU in 5 gallons of 1.050 wort boiled for 60 minutes, and the Northern Brewer website has a more complete worksheet (which for some reason I can't upload) that uses the same calculation with the following adjustments:
-10% utilization for 1.080 wort
-20% utilization for 1.110 wort
-30% utilization for 1.150 wort
+10% utilization for 90 minute boil

I've no idea how accurate these are, or how consistent the hop shots are, but it's a starting point!

Ive ued the stuff from YVH. Bought the can and filled a bunch of syringes. They didnt have calculators for ibus then bt i ue 10ml in a 5 gal batch. Not sure thy r worth the trouble though. Most ends up on the sides of my kettle. Has anyone else had more favorable result if so how r u sing? Ive also shot the 10ml in 2 cups boiling wter in a pyrex then dumped into kettle.

Back