Hop information

UNIKUM

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a good hop guide integrated on brewersfriend:
  • a dedicated page/tool on the site where I can search for hops and find their infos (aroma notes, characteristics, hop analysis, general information, maybe their spectrum on an aroma wheel)
  • integration into the recipe view, if I hover over a hop it would display a popover with the most important infos
  • maybe even a tool that helps design/discover hop combos
I know there's a /hops page already, but let's be honest: it's not very useful :)

Cheers

Thanks for the request, and thanks also for making this your first forum post after joining 6 years ago (almost to the day)!

It's on the to-do list, we're also interested in using our user data to provide more insight in how hops are used in different styles, with other hops, and even maybe with other non-hop ingredients. We do have some more pressing projects on the agenda, but we have an open issue ticket to track this topic. I'm adding this forum thread into the ticket now to followup and monitor any replies and further requests.

Yep, looks like it's the first time I made my way to the forum :). Heavy use on the rest of the site though! :)

Awesome, hope to see it sometime soon! The idea with user data sounds great too!

I would love to have a good hop guide integrated on brewersfriend:
  • a dedicated page/tool on the site where I can search for hops and find their infos (aroma notes, characteristics, hop analysis, general information, maybe their spectrum on an aroma wheel)
  • integration into the recipe view, if I hover over a hop it would display a popover with the most important infos
  • maybe even a tool that helps design/discover hop combos
I know there's a /hops page already, but let's be honest: it's not very useful :)

Cheers
Yes. Particularly the second bullet. There’s no way within the recipe editor to look at an ingredient description . Hops, yeast or malts. Would be nice to hover over or have a drop down handle for all ingredients so you can figure out what you want to use

Yes. Particularly the second bullet. There’s no way within the recipe editor to look at an ingredient description . Hops, yeast or malts. Would be nice to hover over or have a drop down handle for all ingredients so you can figure out what you want to use
The funny thing is that it does this when making a recipe on a mobile device in browser. If you select a hop, the description pops up momentarily and you can click elsewhere to close it. Would be GREAT to have the hover over option on PC

That has never happened for me for anything in the recipe builder

Back