Hi TO ALL

cowboy7307

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
My local HBS told me about this site to help me out with brewing , have been brewing for a few years , can kits but thy are not giving me what i want ,and i find them bitter and i don't like bitter, i am looking for extract recipe that will give me a sweetish beer but most of all i want grain flavour, i have had a couple of beers that did it but never found out there names,i don't mind seeping grains and boiling hops ,as long as its a recipe never learned how to build a recipe profile
is there a way of looking at recipes in metric instead imperial
thanks for reading

My local HBS told me about this site to help me out with brewing , have been brewing for a few years , can kits but thy are not giving me what i want ,and i find them bitter and i don't like bitter, i am looking for extract recipe that will give me a sweetish beer but most of all i want grain flavour, i have had a couple of beers that did it but never found out there names,i don't mind seeping grains and boiling hops ,as long as its a recipe never learned how to build a recipe profile
thanks for reading
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you need a nice Bock beer, Scottish Ale, Oktoberfest or even a Munich Dunkle!

I am sure there is a way to search in the manner you are looking to do so! Matter of fact that might be a great new topic for a video! I'll play around a bit and report back! Someone here may answer b4 then but this should be a fun venture for me.

Take a peak around the forums - this is a great place to learn!

Welcome to Brewer's Friend! We'll definitely help you with tons of advice, whether you want it or not! ;)

Video shall be up to help you out in but a few moments!

thanks for reading
Check out this quick 3 minute video... Let me know if it is helpful.

Know what... if you can't find a beer recipe you like but have an idea what you want to make then I can maybe build a how-to video on how to create an "extract" recipe in brewers friend and that should help teach you the program and provide you with custom recipe! Let me know if you're insterested. I have some time and wouldn't mind taking a crack at it!

To whom it may concern:

I believe that it’s time the initiative was taken and someone sent @Blackmuse a complimentary Brewer’s Friend t-shirt...if that someone hasn’t already. The videos he shares are invaluable for recruiting new members and great as refreshers for long-standing members.

Thank you for your consideration.

:)

To whom it may concern:

I believe that it’s time the initiative was taken and someone sent @Blackmuse a complimentary Brewer’s Friend t-shirt...if that someone hasn’t already. The videos he shares are invaluable for recruiting new members and great as refreshers for long-standing members.

Well said @Megary!

So, I built a malty beer for you! - I know, you didn't ask... sorry. lol I got excited!
While this is a lager you can ferment it with Fermentis 34/70 yeast at ale temps and still achieve a LAGER! Trust me!

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1040703/extract-dunkles-lager-

Also, I made a video of me making the recipe to show you how the program's recipe creation works (to a small extent ;) ) ENJOY! Let me know if you find this helpful! (I won't be offended if you don't make the beer - I was just having fun!)

To whom it may concern:

Haha! Thanks @Megary - I've been having fun making the videos!

My local HBS told me about this site to help me out with brewing , have been brewing for a few years , can kits but thy are not giving me what i want ,and i find them bitter and i don't like bitter,
I was thinking about this last night as I fell asleep and decided I should ask if you are brewing with 20+ Litres as an entire batch or if you are brewing 12-15 L and then topping up?

- I ask this because that will change your IBUs... If the kit was designed for a partial boil and you did an entire boil then your hop utilization will be higher and thus, the beer a bit more bitter.
- The recipe I made for you utilizes a partial boil - if you mess around with the boil size (increase it) you will see that the IBUs will increase too. In this case, if you went from a 12L boil to a 24 L boil, the IBUs would increase from 22 to 32.

So, when looking for a recipe keep that in mind. I think I will explain more of this in a more thorough recipe search video.

Great video many thanks , i have one more beer kit ready to make but will try that one you gave next on list if weather stays cool

To whom it may concern:

I agree 100%. Get him a T-shirt

Back