Hi, from South Africa

Rincewind

Premium Member
Reaction score
What an amazing support base!

I have read Palmer's book on how to brew, knocked together some kit from what I had in my garage and brewed my first full grain brown ale. It was a revelation! I never realised that beer could taste this good. I plan to do a lot more and explore all the various styles.

you've bit the bug, I remember those days, good luck and welcome to the site

Rincewind said:
What an amazing support base!

I have read Palmer's book on how to brew, knocked together some kit from what I had in my garage and brewed my first full grain brown ale. It was a revelation! I never realised that beer could taste this good. I plan to do a lot more and explore all the various styles.

Congrats on your first beer and welcome to Brewer's Friend!

Welcome, love your handle! :)

I am now a couple of years down the line from my first introduction. I have taken a few extended breaks during this period due to health issues, but those are resolved and I have now brewed two weekends in a row again.

I must say that Brewer's Friend has smoothed the journey quite a lot. Whereas I had no preferences of any kind when I started out, I have developed a taste for IPA and specifically with a strong Citra hops bias. I have done a couple of variations and a Nugget, Cascade, Willamette, Citra (with Citra dry hop) combination produces the exact taste that I like.

Brewer's friend has always provided all the resources that one needs to make a good beer. The recipes are generally good (I have even learned to distinguish between the good and excellent recipes!) and provide a good base to build your own recipes with your own preferences. The forums provide advice for just about every problem that I have ever encountered (and more).

Welcome back.

Back