Hey Y'all! (Georgia transplant here!!)

DrShankNHurter

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Shank, I make beer for a local brewery and I want to start experimenting at home (I guess I got that whole thing a little backwards, didn't I??) Anywho! I'm located in Athens, GA and I would love to do some beer exploring in Atlanta, if there are any other locals or semi locals who wouldn't be opposed to brewery hopping with me and one of my dogs! I've been in brewing since 2015 and I love the community of brewers in the South. I've also worked in CA and I can definitely say that Southern beer is better! Woot! I'd love to make some new beer friends and trade some recipes or just have a couple of drinks with. Thanks for reading!

Hey buddeh.

Hi! I'm Shank, I make beer for a local brewery and I want to start experimenting at home (I guess I got that whole thing a little backwards, didn't I??) Anywho! I'm located in Athens, GA and I would love to do some beer exploring in Atlanta, if there are any other locals or semi locals who wouldn't be opposed to brewery hopping with me and one of my dogs! I've been in brewing since 2015 and I love the community of brewers in the South. I've also worked in CA and I can definitely say that Southern beer is better! Woot! I'd love to make some new beer friends and trade some recipes or just have a couple of drinks with. Thanks for reading!

Howdy neighbor, from a fellow Southerner in Alabama. Deo Vindice. My personal favorite out of Georgia is SweetWater 420 Strain G13 IPA. Good stuff but, I make better at home. LOL! Cheers!

Deep Souther, whats up! its been a few years since ive gotten up to Athens but loved creature comforts and terrapin. Not sure what is happening there now. There used to be a small brewery, copper top, copper pot or something like that. I feel like i'm forgetting one

I'm in Roswell, couple hours from Athens. Welcome to the South y'all. I am a transplant from New Jersey. Where are you from originally?
I seem to remember a pretty cool brewery in Princeton too

Hell, there's a lot of really cool breweries in New Jersey. Indeed, I'm not sure any of them aren't really cool, because they serve beer.

I'm in Roswell, couple hours from Athens. Welcome to the South y'all. I am a transplant from New Jersey. Where are you from originally?

I'm originally from New Orleans. I live in Northeast Alabama now. My aunt lived in New Jersey for years but, moved to Southern Mississippi a few years ago.

Welcome to Brewers Friend!

I totally forgot to say.... GO DAWGS !!!!

I totally forgot to say.... GO DAWGS !!!!
Or THWG as some of us like to say
"If I had a daughter sir, I'd dress her in white and gold, and take her to the campus, to cheer the brave and bold."

Small world. I live in Roswell and I’m also a NJ transplant (Ridgewood). I live two blocks from Gate City and three blocks from Variant (breweries for those not familiar)

Sorry for taking a moment to highjack.

Small world. I live in Roswell and I’m also a NJ transplant (Ridgewood). I live two blocks from Gate City and three blocks from Variant (breweries for those not familiar)

Sorry for taking a moment to highjack.
Small world indeed. Grew up in Paramus, most recently from River Vale. Nice location downtown you got there, ping me offline sometime, we'll meet for a beer at either one. Always happy to talk beer (and food).

Back