Hey guys

dexter101

Trial Member
Reaction score
Just to say Hi, just got back into homebrewing after 6 years since my last brew and first time without supervision (I used to brew with a friend at uni)!

First brew is on, 5L of a pale ale using Ella hops, all looking ok so far.

Fascinating hobby and as its cheaper than others seems sustainable!

Ella hops are Aussie hops not used em yet what are you getting out of them flavour and aroma wise?

Ella hops are Aussie hops not used em yet what are you getting out of them flavour and aroma wise?

Yeah, believe they used to be called Stella until the beer kicked up a fuss.

Its still primary fermenting but from dry, it smelt quite floral, when boiling I had some herby/spicy notes, a bit like a good pesto...

Trying to decide whether to add some in for a week dry hopping but think I will leave it alone, can always try it again and dry hop if its needed

Yeah, believe they used to be called Stella until the beer kicked up a fuss.

Its still primary fermenting but from dry, it smelt quite floral, when boiling I had some herby/spicy notes, a bit like a good pesto...

Trying to decide whether to add some in for a week dry hopping but think I will leave it alone, can always try it again and dry hop if its needed
Thanks yeah been reading up on the hops coming out of Aus another I'm keen to try from Tassie is a hop called Enigma tried this one? The name says it all....:)

Not heard of that one. Then again I'm actually based in the UK and have only done a couple of brews previously so all new to me really!

Back