Help With Adding Inventory

Reaction score
Is there some kind of documentation available on how to add items to your inventory? I got several sacks of malt today from our club's bulk buy, I can't get any field to work or drop down to populate, and I can't input anything as a custom item either (which is what I have always had to do in the past).

I've tried to hit "contribute" toggled it on and off, I've tried every malster in the drop down list but all I can select is the brand, the drop down under "name" only has MY name, which isn't helpful. I've looked through documentation but can't find any answers there. Please help.

upload_2020-6-14_16-50-28.png

Also, in your settings make sure you have the brands selected that you want to see and make sure "show user contributed ingredients" is set to yes.

Brands: (under "my profile"):
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/profile/brand_settings
Slide the slider to green for the ones you want to see.

In your general settings, make sure you have 'user contributed ingredients' "on"":
upload_2020-6-15_15-32-38.png

This was my issue-- I had everything toggled "on" but not the field in the general settings... once I had that correct, everything worked very smoothly.

Thank you again for the quick response and the help! Back to brewing!

This was my issue-- I had everything toggled "on" but not the field in the general settings... once I had that correct, everything worked very smoothly.

Thank you again for the quick response and the help! Back to brewing!
Glad to hear it. We're working on getting this updated to be easier to fine and clearer, as it's been a frequent source of confusion.

Back