Help Wanted!

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
One of the things I love as a "hands on" learner is the availability of videos on how to do almost anything. I joke that "everything I know, I learned from you-tube".

With that in mind, do we have any forum members or friends who has the talent and ability to do tutorials on video of our Brewer's Friend features? If of course would be a part of it- to provide the information on those features and so on, but I don't have the equipment or the expertise in video to do this for Brewer's Friend.

Can you help? Please contact me if you would like to work on this project for Brewer's Friend.

Still looking for help on this! If you have some interest in making some "how to" videos, please send me a message.

I should have asked before, but do you mean howto for using Brewers Friend itself? Like a screen capture with audio?

I should have asked before, but do you mean howto for using Brewers Friend itself? Like a screen capture with audio?

Yes. I have a decent voice for it, but a face for radio. So I would do it, but I have no decent skills or equipment. We would pay, of course, and I think we need several videos made on using our software. We'd want to show the Recipe Builder and Advanced water calc and linking, etc.

Yooper, you could use gotomeeting.com .It’s free and has a record feature that will download to your computer as a file that you could rename and post.
Mike

Looks like an old thread but I could do the voiceover. Not so great with capture software though.

So I made a video! Been wanting to do it for a long time! BUT - I do not know this program like the back of my hand... SO - I will need a LOT of feedback. I want to know where I am wrong, where I could add more... What I should add/delete. Please critique the crap out of it. I have thick skin (and a rough voice ;) ) - The video is on General Profile adjustments and Creating an equipment profile.

The next one I do might be on how to copy and scale a recipe. Probably best to edit/correct the first before I get ahead of myself but we'll see. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS WOULD BE HELPFUL OR IF I AM WASTING TIME! lol

Also, if you have a script you want me to utilize then let me know.

@Yooper Gonna try and post the video on another response...

@Yooper - Okay, that didn't work so.... Here's a Google Link? Let me know if this works... (or if you have other ideas...)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19DEzcfqRyDwKuU1GX-dHNz27rE2EPqUU/view?usp=sharing

I liked your video and think it could be really useful. Voice is perfectly fine imo. You speak clearly and I had no problem understanding what you were saying. Volume may have been a bit low. I had the volume up quit a bit on my device, but that may have just been me.
I'm a Google user and a Pixle owner so of course Google photo is my default app so I had no problem with your video or with it loading up right away. I'm not sure if that may or may not be a problem for others.
I'd load up to Youtube if possible.

I like it! Nice job as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks for sharing and taking the time. Others may have suggestions, but I definitely think you're on the right track.

I liked your video and think it could be really useful. Voice is perfectly fine imo. You speak clearly and I had no problem understanding what you were saying. Volume may have been a bit low. I had the volume up quit a bit on my device, but that may have just been me.
I'm a Google user and a Pixle owner so of course Google photo is my default app so I had no problem with your video or with it loading up right away. I'm not sure if that may or may not be a problem for others.
I'd load up to Youtube if possible.

I like it! Nice job as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks for sharing and taking the time. Others may have suggestions, but I definitely think you're on the right track.
Great to hear! I'll keep playing around with things on my end. New Mic/headset coming that might help with sound. I uploaded it to Google just so I could shre it as I hadn't thought of any other way... I suppose Youtube would work too. We'll see what the folks here had in mind I suppose. I figured it turn into something embedded in the site for helping new folks. (- and folks like myself still learning)

Thanks again for digging in and providing some feedback. I certainly want to make sure I'm putting the right stuff out. - In the AM I will try a vid on scaling a recipe.

Video 3 - Water Chemistry... 21 minutes- yikes... Maybe I should work to streamline?
- How to add a water profile
- How to use the water profile in a recipe
- How to add brewing salts and acid additions to adjust pH

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FjQF-B8utjIJ7OjwSZjHFu-6uc9uusdW/view?usp=sharing

So, I am uploading these to Youtube right now... I suppose I can share those links after as it will make viewing easier...

Youtube video Links:
1. Equipment Profile:

I'll post the last two once they are done being "processed" on Youtube.
I made a Brewer's Friend Tutorial Playlist...

Last edited:
Creating a recipe (all grain) - There were a couple of BF "glitches" during this video... Mash strike water volume off and pH would not pop up until salt additions were added.... Feedback certainly welcome! I feel like 23 minutes a long time and I could break some of the features up into shorter videos but then the feel of fully "covering" an overarching topic would be lost.

Thinking about covering "inventory" next...
Sorry for all the posts - you can tell I have time on my hands... I was recently injured at work and this has been keeping me "sane" since I can't actually brew beer! :(

@Yooper @Pricelessbrewing - so I created a new video based on a forum question yesterday and then decided to create a slightly longer one hopefully explaining a few additional things... SEARCHING FOR BEER RECIPES... Let me know what you think and/if it may be helpful to others
(I tried not to get too technical as it is geared towards new users...)

Last edited:

Back