Help Me Use My Tilt

Brewer #324224

Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm gonna need some hand-holding to get my Tilt to send data to the BF cloud. I've plugged the cloud URL into Tilt, have linked the Tilt to BF but I'm not getting anything from the Tilt to BF. I notice an icon under my device name in the Device Selection field at indicates that Tilt Pi is necessary. Does this mean BF won't see my Tilt or receive any data from it unless I run a Pi (which I have zero knowledge about.)

OK, a little further research shows that Pi is not necessary; that I should be able to send Tilt data to BF from the Tilt phone app. So far, no luck making that happen. Is there something I need to know about device forwarding?

Last edited:
OK, I figured it out. The problem was while I had the tilt set to send data to the BF cloud, I failed to tell the Tilt to use that URL as the default cloud address. Looks like it's all good now.

Yeah, I gotta tell ya, between Tilt and Brewer's Friend, it ain't exactly intuitive how to make this happen. Especially with Tilt. Real light on the detailed instruction. :rolleyes:

I'm glad it's working now. When I set mine up, I found it pretty easy to go step by step with these instructions: https://docs.brewersfriend.com/devices

Hopefully you won't need those instructions since it's working, but it's there just in case!

Y

Yeah, I found those docs. Three or four hours into my ordeal.
Thanks for the feedback, and sorry it was so hard to find!

Yooper has submitted a request to add that link to the devices page directly to make it easier to find for the next user.

Back