Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by goschman, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Iliff Avenue Brewhouse

Iliff Avenue Brewhouse Well-Known Member

As you've probably already noticed, I've been around a lot lately.

My name is Chris, I live in the suburbs west of Denver and have been homebrewing for about 9 years. I have a basic all grain set up and brew 5 gallon batches about every 3 weeks. I try to keep 4 beers on tap and will do a cider here or there if I don't have time to brew. My process is pretty basic though I have found water treatment and temperature controlled fermentation to be game changers in taking my beers to next level.

For the past couple of years I have been really into German beers but also am not a style nazi to the point of where I feel I have to do them hard lined traditional. In that way, you could say that I tend to do a lot of hybrids of styles however have really simplified over that past few years. I guess you could say that I brew a lot of German beers from an American point of view.

I love hoppy beers but am also getting tired of the IPA craze which has been reflected in my brewing. I also brew on a budget, so I don't have money to put a pound of expensive hops in one beer.

I tend to post a lot so I apologize if it gets annoying. I am always looking for constructive criticism but will admit I know what I like and prefer explanations of why I should change something. I take some convincing. I have come across too many people who tell you to do it their way because they assume you know nothing since you are posting for feedback.

I have already started to ramble on. Good to be here.

Ozarks Mountain Brew likes this.
  2. Ozarks Mountain Brew

Staff Member

IT Managment
    Welcome, glad to have ya

I completely agree

Head First likes this.
  3. Craigerrr

Craigerrr Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

4. Group W

Group W Well-Known Member

Excellent points Chris! Enjoy the site and welcome aboard.