Hello from West Coast

Welcome Stout! You're in the right place. What are you brewing first? And anything in particular you are wondering about?

Welcome. Sounds like you're taking the right approach. Learning as much as possible before your first brew is a lot better than starting off learning from mistakes. Best of luck when you brew your first.

Welcome, and dont forget to ask these guys some questions, i have to say this forum is very helpful.

Keep it simple (recipe, water treatment, brew day process, yeast, etc.). Think ahead about how you will ferment (container, temperature, etc.). Then kegging or bottling. Keep notes. Piece of cake, then you will be hooked. Welcome and Cheers.

Thanks all, I think an Amber to start, seems like a lot of the starter kits come with that. I want to get my methods down before I try anything too tricky.

Keep asking questions,folks there are all willing to help

Welcome to BF, just got started this past February myself, I started by ordering a kit online, then moved quickly to BIAB.
Best advice at this point is to order a starter kit, watch a bunch of videos online and just do it. We learn best by doing!

Welcome to BF, just got started this past February myself, I started by ordering a kit online, then moved quickly to BIAB.
Best advice at this point is to order a starter kit, watch a bunch of videos online and just do it. We learn best by doing!
I've been doing that, watching vids. Getting my starter kit soon.

WElcome, my only suggestion would be don't scare yourself to much in advance. It's surprisingly hard to screw beer up.

Back