Hello from the Frozen Tundra of Wisconsin!

Jimminator

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a long ago homebrewer who is getting back into it. Last thing I need is a new hobby, so I decided on an old hobby! Cleaning all the old equipment right now for a simple all grain going in the pot next weekend.

Jim

Checking out the site, I can't believe the amount of brewing tools you have! And as an engineer, I know how hard this stuff is to put together and get it working right. So, while I'm as cheap as you can get, I just went ahead and upgraded my membership!

Hey Jim....fellow Wisconsinite here.

What part of the state do you reside in? I'm living down in Milwaukee.

Cheers and welcome back to the obsession...I mean hobby!

Hey Tom,

I live in Appleton, transplanted from the South about 8 years ago (i.e., I'm the one wearing long sleeves in the summer!) My daughter and son in law live in the Muskego area.

Yeah my hobbies tend to turn into obsessions, and usually vice versa too!

I brewed about (shudder) 15 years ago or so and really got into it, but moving around and getting kids through college took away much of my play time. Last year the son in law got me a simple extract kit for Christmas, and while it turned out awful (not the kit's fault, our stove could barely keep the wort simmering) it got me hooked again. Now I have a propane burner so a full 8 gallon boil should be no problem.

Cool!

If you ever find yourself down in the Milwaukee area we should grab a fine craft beer somewhere (and perhaps swap some of our homebrews)...lots of awesome places around here with great beer selections.

Cheers!

CHEESEHEADS!!!! :lol:

Tom, sounds like a plan! Of course, that means I'll actually have to have some homebrew available for swappin'! First batch going in on Sunday if the weather cooperates.

Mr.Bip, I guess I'm an honorary Cheesehead, but I'm really just a transplanted Southern boy. :)

Back