Hello from Newtown, CT

Sammy86

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Brewers!

Sammy here from Newtown, CT. New to the site after I was gifted a membership! Been brewing now going on 10 years! Currently, working with a Brewzilla 65 L, CFC, Big Mouth Bubblers for FV and a chest freezer that pulls double duty as fermentation chamber/keezer.

Looking forward to meeting ya’ll and sharing any info that I can!

Welcome indeed. Thanks for checking in, and I'll be sure to pick your brain about that BZ65 some time soon.

Welcome indeed. Thanks for checking in, and I'll be sure to pick your brain about that BZ65 some time soon.

Please do! Love my machine! Been running double batches with two different yeasts...1 brew day for two beers, its a no brainer!

1 brew day for two beers, its a no brainer!
I have the 35 l BZ and do like it, despite its tendency to be several degrees off on temperature (displayed versus actual masc\h temperature). Because of this I have not felt comfortable using the automated step feature at all.

I am 'fearful' of the 65 liter system, mostly since I struggle to lift the malt pipe out already, with twice the size I think I'll need to use the engine hoist! But two fermentations from a single brew day does sound attractive.

Anyway: It's cold in CT at the moment, but spring is not far off. Stay well.

Very nice! Are you part of any HBC or more of a solo brewer like myself?

Solo brewer. I like the process and the most of the results. I share with friends and I am in a beer swap with folks in Mass.

Back