Hello from New Hampshire

pazu

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've posted before but by way of introduction and where I'm coming from as a brewer - I've moved on from a long stint working on networks, now into H&G product development, and artisanal manufacturing. I have two brewing interests, one is in regard to natural, locally collected sugars brewing. The second is in brewing relatively low calorie but strong beer with its' mildness being the strongest characteristic. Ale beer, that doesn't have absolutely overwhelming taste characteristics, but that technically has most of the bases covered, without aftertastes or off flavors. A good, strong, lite in calorie and color ale, without a preponderance of anything in particular. Hoping to establish that successfully, then start altering that base in various ways, to get cost down, then to add uniqueness that in some way reflects my region. Not looking to compete. I appreciate the history and regional characteristics of various beers I have enjoyed. I don't however feel compelled to pursue beer making in an historically categorical way, or to have my brews fit any particular culturally standard beer profile. From what I've read the majority of beer brewers would disagree with this approach, but it's where I'm at now, philosophically. With some successful brews behind me, I'll probably change perspective.

I like to take chances on new ideas, in the hope of finding something unique or new, and will often seek alternative paths even if the way forward is plain and open, just to find out what might be revealed by a different approach ;) So please bear with me as I add my .02 worth here and there, and I'm always open to any advise so thanks in advance, and thanks guys for the advise I've had so far! - John (or Pazu)

Welcome to the fold! Best of luck in your quest for the perfect beer, and please share your findings with us.

You might try a pre-prohibition style beer. These are notably drinkable, but richer than today's macro beers. I'm brewing up one of those this weekend - split batch between German Lager and American Lager yeast.

Back