Hello fellow brewers!

The Green Man

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Lee (aka The Green Man). I have just joined this site and have been using the tools for a while and just thought time it's to pay something for it and take the plunge properly.
I started brewing kits at University...25 years ago...and have just got back into it. This time I was inspired by an interview I heard on the radio. Due to budget, space and facilities I am brewing tiny 5-6 litre batches in a BIAB set-up. I use a pasta pot, whose mesh insert works as my 'Bag', so it's more BIAP than BIAB really! I was sceptical that I could make 'craft' quality beer at home and this was not helped by my first two attempts (I pitched the yeast too warm). However, after my 3rd brew turned out so well that I wouldn't complain if I drank it in a pub, I am converted!
I'm up-to 2 brews a month now and have just had my 7th brew day.
The weather is stonkingly hot here in the summer (it won't get below 27 C tonight), so I've bought a wine cellar/cooler to act as a Fermentation/ bottle conditioning chamber. However, I plan to brew a couple of Saisons soon to take advantage of the ambient temperatures.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining this community and if you want to chat about brewing in Japan, brewing tiny batches or problems with brewing in hot climates, drop me a line.
Cheers,
The Green Man

Welcome! Enjoy

Cheers green man I hear there are some strict regulations with hombrewing in Japan also good ingredients are scarce?
Looking forward to hearing from you...:)

It's kind of guerilla brewing. Strictly speaking you are not supposed to brew anything above 1.5%! But, the Police understand if the 'odd' batch is above...Tbh, I'm just carrying on as normal. I mean who is going waste time brewing a 1.5% beer. I'm hoping the Police have better things to do. Ingredients are available from Japanese internet shops and you can buy kits in shops, so I'm not taking the 'illegal' status very seriously. I don't shout out about it though, hence 'guerilla brewing'.

Back