Hello beautiful

LlewellynBrewHaus

Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally got O-fest into the keg and off to lager for a couple weeks. Yeast finished really strong! 1.047OG -1.008FG . Planning a Helles brew day this weekend to reuse the weihenstepan 34/70. Going to need to use the accelerated lager method on this one, need it for a wedding I'm catering in sept ;) .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 370
That's a pretty beer!

Thanks! Tastes just like it looks!
First time that I've used gelatin. Tossed into the primary @ 50 degrees and lowered temp to 40 over 3 days and man!,everything to compacted tightly in the bottom of the bucket! One of the easiest and cleanest transfers that I've done.
Boiled water cooling down in fridge, rinsing yeast this afternoon

Our Ofest is still setting in the back of the lager frig. Been there since March. I am afraid to carb it up or it might not make it til fest time!

That is a nice looker ya got there :D

My Oktoberfest has been sitting in the fridge since April. I'll bottle it up for competitions coming up soon.

Gelatin: Get the beer cold before tossing it in. It works by coagulating haze particles so you have to have the haze before adding; otherwise, it doesn't work as well. Sounds like you made yourself a very clear beer in any case.

Brilliant looking beer! When fining, I've been doing it in the kegs. Have thought of trying it in the fermenter since I crash to 40F for a few days anyways. Have also been thinking of crashing in the kegs instead, so will need to make up my mind. Decisions, decisions --------------

Finally got O-fest into the keg and off to lager for a couple weeks. Yeast finished really strong! 1.047OG -1.008FG . Planning a Helles brew day this weekend to reuse the weihenstepan 34/70. Going to need to use the accelerated lager method on this one, need it for a wedding I'm catering in sept ;) .
Well hello yourself:D!
Yep it looks a thing of beauty for sure.

Back