Happy Water Report, Aurora!

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Reading our 2015 water report was a joy! There's now a section on the report stating:

"Beer brewers and fish tank owners often need more information about our water than the EPA requires us to report, so we've included some of it below. Hope it's helpful."

It is. Thanks, Aurora!

after blankety blank years of brewing I finally sent off for a ward kit, nobody in this area has posted a current report, last one was in 2007 which ive been going by so im in for a experience because my water changes sources twice a year so 2 tests will be made. I really should do 4, two with carbon filters and two without but cant see spending the money ... Ill let you know

Ozarks, if I were in your situation, I'd avoid the problem by getting a RO filtration system. I've been looking into one strictly for my brewing liquor and it looks like I can get a system for around $200 that will generate 3.5 gallons per day. I'd need to start collecting liquor three days in advance or rig a 10-gallon tank but that doesn't seem too difficult. Basically the idea is to strip everything out of the water then build it back to where you need it, an idea I've been using with 50% dilution with distilled water from King Soopers (our water is "hard" at 116 ppm as CaCO3 but rather low in calcium at 33 ppm so sometimes adding salts isn't enough).

this is pretty bad but manageable, I looked into those systems too

again this is from 2007 so Ill check it out this year

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_04 Oct. 27 10.57.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Oct. 27 10.57.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 3,402
that's cool that they went and put the extra info in there. They really listen to their customers.

Back