Happy IPA Day!

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
What's everyone doing on this great holiday?

work...and then drinking my own IPA (and some nice commercially produced as well)! :lol:

Only fitting that I should have a good pull from the IPA I kegged last week. It's a little soon, but it's IPA day!! :D
This one is a tweaked, all grain version of a partial mash APA I did with Simcoe and Amarillo. This one I did with an ounce of Falconer's Flight subbing for an ounce of Amarillo because I had it on hand. The hop profile turned out absolutely excellent! It's still very fresh so the hops are a little sharp, but even now it's nice!
Grist is a lot of Maris Otter with some 2-row, a little wheat and some Victory, I think. Good and malty underneath all that hoppy goodness.
I may have to hit it again before the day is done!
Happy IPA day! :D

all I have is a malty pale ale so Ill just pretend, Ive been on the lets make a better beer not covered up by hops kick :mrgreen:

What are hops? ;) hopheads, beware. You won't like any of my current beers!

my favorite beer has always been a double ipa but the darn thing is too expensive to brew frequently, around $90 just in materials for 10 gallons

That's close to my most expensive brew. $42/5 gallons.
Makes you want to have your own amber waves of grain!

Don't forget to add in the labor costs. That's why my batches are $100 a bottle. Mind you no one's paid that yet... :roll:

About to crack open an English IPA. Cheers!

Okay...I hit my fresh keg IPA again...I'm not a hop head by any means, but when it's right, it's right. I've made plenty of beers that weren't on the money, to say the least, but this one is.
I don't really want to admit how soon I'm drinking this beer, but seriously, it's good. I'm going to have a hard time letting much of it mature. :lol:

Back