Greetings from Aurora, Colorado

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi, all! My wife bought me a basic brewing kit for my last birthday and I've been hooked ever since. Yep, I've been brewing under a year. I've mastered my process, a hybrid system by which I do relatively large mashes, boil the concentrated wort, add my syrups and sugars at flameout for pasteurization then chill, adding water to the concentrate to bring it up to 5.5 gal (I'm happy to share it with anyone who'd like). It works nicely and got me a silver medal for my Sun Streak Blonde Ale (Light hybrid ales) in the Colorado State Fair. My interest is in balanced styles and I find myself gravitating to German styles and experimentation with obsolete styles such as Kottbusser and Kentucky Common. And as a quality professional in my real life, I'm fascinated by applying the principles of my trade to homebrewing. Book is forthcoming sometime in the next year or ten. Happy brewing!

Welcome Nosybear,
Aurora is a growing beer paradise. Congrads on the silver. If you want to share some beer, the Brew Hut in Aurora has a home brewer nite in September. I plan to be there with some of mine. You would be welcome.

I was there at the last one, unfortunately I can't be there in September. I wanted to - I got nearly 7 pounds of Palisade organic Crystal hops a few weeks ago, vacuum packed them and would like to unload a few bags. C'est la vie. Will see you, surely, at a homebrew night in the future.

Cheers!
Steve

Welcome to the site! Colorado is a great state for brewing!

Personally, I'm a fan of New Belgium beer. Had a Red Hoptober on tap recently that was oh so good.

Back