got more equipment on the weekend

Coronajax

Premium Member
Reaction score
getting closer, I have to run down through my list but I think I'm very close now.

Attachments

• WP_20191110_001.jpg
    WP_20191110_001.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 149
getting closer, I have to run down through my list but I think I'm very close now.
Nice haul there mate!
Is that pink stuff "pink stain remover" be careful of that stuff in your kegs stainless ect it's a chlorine based cleaner and yes you have to rinse it well. I've got some here in my brew house just use it on plastics is all I do or glass. Cheers

Nice haul there mate!
Is that pink stuff "pink stain remover" be careful of that stuff in your kegs stainless ect it's a chlorine based cleaner and yes you have to rinse it well. I've got some here in my brew house just use it on plastics is all I do or glass. Cheers
I'll go a step farther: Don't use chlorine on stainless. It can etch, discolor, create pits, all stuff you don't want for your bright, shiny stainless gear. Use a non-abrasive cleaner like Barkeeper's Friend. Your shiny stainless gear will love you for it!

Nice haul there mate!

Ya that stuff smells wicked, will definitely be looking for something a little less " go for the throat" clean.

I clean with oxy clean (unscented), or PBW (Pro Brewers Wash), and rinse thoroughly. Then sanitize with starsan. Once you mix up some starsan you can save it and reuse it. I saved some 4 literl distilled water jugs from Walmart to keep sanitizer in.

OBK is usually the best priced, but shipping can kill the saving.

OBK is usually the best priced, but shipping can kill the saving.

I kind of wondered when I bought my chiller and it said shipping could be 2 weeks...I had it in 3 days, maybe got lucky.

I clean with oxy clean (unscented), or PBW (Pro Brewers Wash), and rinse thoroughly. Then sanitize with starsan. Once you mix up some starsan you can save it and reuse it. I saved some 4 literl distilled water jugs from Walmart to keep sanitizer in.

do you use a spray bottle for applying?

do you use a spray bottle for applying?
I get oxy clean from Walmart, use that for cleaning carboys, and kegs, it is cheap. I use PBW for cleaning kettle, and mash tun, pumps, best if water is HOT for that.
I keep two spray bottles, one in the garage, one in the basement. Use them for various on the spot needs. To sanitize carboys, kegs etc, I pour a 4l jug in and slosh it around to get contact on all surfaces. I have a carboy bung for that. Don't worry about the resulting foam, it is a good thing...

I also put some starsan in a bowl when brewing or packaging to soak the bits and pieces.

Northern Brewer has a good beginner video that I recall, that I found very helpful.

Back