From Romania with love

m.mihai

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Although I have already started a few threads, I have not yet introduced myself.

My name is Mihai and I am 32 years old. I live in Iasi, Romania, I work in IT and I just started home brewing with a friend, whom has purchased a Grainfather.

I am actually thinking in purchasing some toys for myself, just so my friend has a bit of competition and fuel, to brew better.

(officially) welcome!
i find it's always better to brew with someone else, even if it's my wife in another room

Reactions: GPA
welcome to the site, hope it helps make you a better brewer

Hi,

Great to find more romanians around. I am also from Romania but I am living in Arequipa, Peru. I am brewing actually in Peru at the moment.
Good luck with the brewing, in PEru it's a boom with craft beer. For sure in Romania as well.

Salut,

Hi,

Great to find more romanians around. I am also from Romania but I am living in Arequipa, Peru. I am brewing actually in Peru at the moment.
Good luck with the brewing, in PEru it's a boom with craft beer. For sure in Romania as well.

Salut,

Salut,

Yes, the craft beer revolution has started in Romania as well, but it is only just began a few years ago. At the moment, we have maybe 10 craft beer breweries, of which only 2-3 manage to make real craft beer. The ohers are either not very good, either are not really making craft beer, but sort of a macro/commercial beer, sold in smaller batches. ( compared to the really big commercial breweries )

Welcome. My wife and her family are Romanian. Her parents were living in Berlad for the last few years until they moved back.

Salut,

Yes, the craft beer revolution has started in Romania as well, but it is only just began a few years ago. At the moment, we have maybe 10 craft beer breweries, of which only 2-3 manage to make real craft beer. The ohers are either not very good, either are not really making craft beer, but sort of a macro/commercial beer, sold in smaller batches. ( compared to the really big commercial breweries )
I have no idea of the craft breweries from Romania. Of course the commercial ones (great ones anyway) yes, but craft none of them. Not that many yet. In Peru the homebrew market just exploded. It's craft beer everywhere, some very nice.
Around here there are many other beers than the classic ones (PaleAle, etc). I just made one with "cedron" (lamaita in Romanian) that turn out just great. Not sutre how creative are in Romania. But would like a visit back to my country and take a craftbeer tour. Water it's just excellent, mountains one.

Cheers,

Welcome to the fray!

I have no idea of the craft breweries from Romania. Of course the commercial ones (great ones anyway) yes, but craft none of them. Not that many yet. In Peru the homebrew market just exploded. It's craft beer everywhere, some very nice.
Around here there are many other beers than the classic ones (PaleAle, etc). I just made one with "cedron" (lamaita in Romanian) that turn out just great. Not sutre how creative are in Romania. But would like a visit back to my country and take a craftbeer tour. Water it's just excellent, mountains one.

Cheers,
I think this is the key to a pale ale make it just that little bit different than the mainstream beers that way your drinking something the big boys would have a hard time making.

Welcome aboard!

Back