Flow Control Tap and Foam

Discussion in 'General Brewing Discussions' started by hinodriver, Apr 6, 2018.

1. hinodriver

hinodriver New Member

Just put a inter tap flow control faucet on my keezer... I always have a issue with the first beer being foamy and the second pour perfect... I realize thats a issue with the tap being warm takes the first beer to chill the line and tap. Ive tried fans and such in the keezer with no luck. I like during the week just having 1 pint and leaving the serious drinking to the weekends... however I have to pour two during the week to get a beer that I can drink. 1 to cool the tap and lines and the second to drink... then i drink the 2/3 of a pint of the first pour once it settles down... So I'm drinking technically 1 and 2/3 of a pint during the week all in the name of science of coarse! I recent tried to fix this problem with the flow control faucet. Its helped.. I recommend a flow control to everyone now. The problem now is the flow control faucet has what looks like foam in the first foot of the line so when i make that first pour it gurgles foam then beer. I know this is a issue with my system and not the faucet. Its still better than my old wide open faucet. Any Ideas about fixing this issue.. I have 8 feet of line keezer is at 40f and set at 12 psi.

2. Mase

Mase Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just have to accept the issue and drink two beers a day so you can thoroughly enjoy the second one. :)

Seriously though, I have the same problem and I’m sure others do as well. Cheers!

RDWHASHB (relax, don’t worry have a second home brew).

Firerat, Hawkbox and Head First like this.
  3. Head First

Head First Well-Known Member

Didn't run the numbers but looks good for setup. If ya figure it out let me know. Mine is similar with no tower just taps out a spacer under lid. The barleywine with 10%abv pours a 4oz serving perfectly. It's a little thicker than pale ales.

4. Ozarks Mountain Brew

Staff Member

IT Managment
    I would try more line and cool the keezer down some, the issue with foam on the first pour could be anything including an over carbed beer

5. Firerat

Firerat New Member

I feel your pain.

But honestly, I can live with it so meh.