Flow Control Tap and Foam

hinodriver

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just put a inter tap flow control faucet on my keezer... I always have a issue with the first beer being foamy and the second pour perfect... I realize thats a issue with the tap being warm takes the first beer to chill the line and tap. Ive tried fans and such in the keezer with no luck. I like during the week just having 1 pint and leaving the serious drinking to the weekends... however I have to pour two during the week to get a beer that I can drink. 1 to cool the tap and lines and the second to drink... then i drink the 2/3 of a pint of the first pour once it settles down... So I'm drinking technically 1 and 2/3 of a pint during the week all in the name of science of coarse! I recent tried to fix this problem with the flow control faucet. Its helped.. I recommend a flow control to everyone now. The problem now is the flow control faucet has what looks like foam in the first foot of the line so when i make that first pour it gurgles foam then beer. I know this is a issue with my system and not the faucet. Its still better than my old wide open faucet. Any Ideas about fixing this issue.. I have 8 feet of line keezer is at 40f and set at 12 psi.

Sometimes you just have to accept the issue and drink two beers a day so you can thoroughly enjoy the second one. :)

Seriously though, I have the same problem and I’m sure others do as well. Cheers!

RDWHASHB (relax, don’t worry have a second home brew).

Sometimes you just have to accept the issue and drink two beers a day so you can thoroughly enjoy the second one. :)

Seriously though, I have the same problem and I’m sure others do as well. Cheers!

RDWHASHB (relax, don’t worry have a second home brew).

Didn't run the numbers but looks good for setup. If ya figure it out let me know. Mine is similar with no tower just taps out a spacer under lid. The barleywine with 10%abv pours a 4oz serving perfectly. It's a little thicker than pale ales.

I would try more line and cool the keezer down some, the issue with foam on the first pour could be anything including an over carbed beer

I feel your pain.

But honestly, I can live with it so meh.

Back