Flaked Barley

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Used this in a 'bitter' for the first time. Tested and dry hopped it this morning and had a sniff and taste from the t/jar.
Now i know only too well that once bottled things will change but what a lovely aroma and a sort of more malty.bready taste but in a good way.
have done a good few bitters and had one really good one and the rest so so.
If this comes out as i imagine it might, i shall be using it in all my bitters and milds.
Anyone use it?

Nope the explorarion of beer aye? Reminds me of my teenage years :p.

Nope the explorarion of beer aye? Reminds me of my teenage years :p.
I got that from my health food store cheap as chips.Been talking to guys over here and they say it will really boost the body and flavour of bitters and milds.
Just got some flaked rye today as well,again cheap as chips:Dwill be using that alongside malted rye in brews:cool:

Last edited:
I've used it IPA recipes. It's good if you're using a single infusion to help with body and mouthfeel. I've been doing step infusions and I feel that the dextrin rest with significant mash time at 158 or so accomplishes a similar thing. For a big IPA or stout, I'd use it.

I got that from my health food store cheap as chips.Been talking to guys over here and they say it will really boost the body and flavour of bitters and milds.
Just got some flaked rye today as well,again cheap as chips:Dwill be using that alongside malted rye in brews:cool:
May also aid in head retention too the Club ?

Back