Filtering Beer - TRouble

Aljossa

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Despite filtering, my beer it's still hazy. Here is what am doing:

I'm brewing Kolsch in Speidel-Braumeister 50 liters. After transferring to conical fermentor adding Safale S-33 yeast, leaving for 3-4 days, until FG is constant, then transfer either to 30 liters Euro keg or another conical fermentor inside my cold chamber, where it is kept at temps between 3-5 Celsius (37-41 Fahrenheit) for 3-4 weeks.

Then taking that keg (beer) at that temp and push it through 10" filter to another (also refrigerated) keg. I've started with 10 micron filter, no results, changed to 5 microns, nothing. Changed to 3 microns, nothing. Changed to 1 micron and again, no result. Beer seems almost absolutely the same as before filtration.

I'm not using irish moss, gelatin or anything similar, since I don't want to add anything in my beer besides water, yeast, hops and malt.

So, what am doing wrong!?

Any thoughts appreciated!

TNX!

the 1 micron should have changed it quite a bit, if you went very slow say 5 psi and left it for a couple of hours and left the relief valve open on the receiving keg, that should have worked

But! just because its not clear doesn't mean its not good beer!!

I have a wine filter I use sometimes and the 1 micron filter made it crystal clear. I used a 3 first and then the 1. I went really slow, it took about an hour for 5 gallons.

Back