Fermentation times in recipe or brew sessions?

Brewer #91268

Trial Member
Reaction score
New to the tool and perhaps I'm missing the section for this somewhere - is there an area that recommends or where I can enter my own fermentation times for brews?

yes its in your brew sessions, if you've already created one its on the edit tab, if you change a time you need to hit the update brew session to change the time, otherwise when you click the green brew button it lets you pick a time after you save it you can go back and edit the time

Thanks for the reply - these are the only options (screenshot below) I've got on the edit tab. I don't have anything for adding fermentation times. Ultimately, what I'm looking for is to be able to have everything in one place (ingredients, brew steps, fermentation steps and times, etc) so I can house it all in brewer's friend and not have info all over the place. I see there are logs where I can add steps that I've taken, but I'd like to also have primary and secondary fermentation in a "steps" format. Is that possible w/ Brewer's friend?

upload_2017-4-21_17-29-50.png

so if you create a recipe in the edit mode the green brew button is top right, click it to set a time for that brew, then go to brew sessions and edit one if you need to change the time

I think the question is where to state how long a brew should stay in primary, secondary, and conditioning. 6 days, 2 weeks, 1 month, etc. The recipe function doesn't have a specific tool for this.

I use the notes section at the bottom of each recipe. Fermentation time doesn't play into any of the BF calculations so it doesn't really matter where you list it if these durations are important to the recipe.

Thanks, I'll put them in as notes. I was hoping based on styles there would be some recommended times.

Back