Feedback appreciated

Reaction score
First fully original recipe. Going for a dank resinous IPA which features hop characters. Pretty set on going with this recipe but feedback would be great!
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 5.32.33 PM.png

It looks fine, but share the recipe so that we can view it in its entirety and it's easier to give feedback. ;)
If you don't know how to do that, just be sure that either you left the "share recipe" box checked when you originally saved it into the calculator or go back to "recipe tools" dropdown, click "share by URL" and "apply" and then copy and paste the URL info into your post.

I don't understand the sugar's place in the beer.... If I think dank IPA, I think of a big, full-bodied beer. All the corn sugar will do is make alcohol and thin the body the crystal adds. Maybe replace the sugar's contribution with more Vienna?

Agree on posting the recipe making it a more complete representation. This looks good. I assume by “dank” you are describing the earthy, piney flavors from the hops (Columbus & Chinook).

I assume this is for a 5 gallon batch?

looks good as per noseys commet id do the same you want some maltiness to go with your hops.:)

Thank you all! Great ytips with sharing the full recipe, I wasn’t sure how to do that. I will also up the grain bill and cut the sugar down but definitely want to leave it dry with just enough matiness for a good backbone so the hops will really shine!

It looks fine, but share the recipe so that we can view it in its entirety and it's easier to give feedback. ;)
If you don't know how to do that, just be sure that either you left the "share recipe" box checked when you originally saved it into the calculator or go back to "recipe tools" dropdown, click "share by URL" and "apply" and then copy and paste the URL info into your post.
Thank you I wasn’t sure how!

Reactions: J A
Didn't want to get into the discussion of why, if you want to add sugar, you don't just add sucrose, rather than enriching the LHBS by buying corn sugar (glucose). Table sugar works just as well at a fraction of the cost....

I would probably leave the sugar in. I like a dry ipa, and getting some of your alcohol from sugar instead of malt lends to a dryer beer. But like noted above, table sugar would be just as good and cost less.

I would probably leave the sugar in. I like a dry ipa, and getting some of your alcohol from sugar instead of malt lends to a dryer beer. But like noted above, table sugar would be just as good and cost less.
I suggest taking the sugar out because one of the greatest problems I find with homebrew is the body gets too thin. If you're brewing good, full-bodied beers, by all means leave it in but don't pay for corn sugar when table sugar will do just as well.

Back