Favorite recipes

MadCactusBrewing

Trial Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to flag recipes that turn out really well, that I want to brew again? Like a heart or star to click on and a check box to only show those recipes. Just for private use. I tried to create a folder for those recipes but that complicated things when searching for a recipe by name in my list.

I have a folder in My Recipes called "Favorites", even with a dozen or so it's not difficult to find what I am looking for.
But I don't see a way to 'flag' a recipe.

You know what else would be cool a search recipies option within your own recipie menu.
I've got only 100+ and sometimes it takes a while to track the one down your thinking of.

You know what else would be cool a search recipies option within your own recipie menu.
I've got only 100+ and sometimes it takes a while to track the one down your thinking of.

We have the search box that finds ingredients, names, etc- are you thinking of a different way to search?

I have a folder in My Recipes called "Favorites", even with a dozen or so it's not difficult to find what I am looking for.
But I don't see a way to 'flag' a recipe.

Are you thinking of something like rating your own recipe, like with a star rating? 3*, 4*, etc?

Are you thinking of something like rating your own recipe, like with a star rating? 3*, 4*, etc?
Me? No. OP wants to.

I don't have enough to lost track of them. Yet...

Yeah a search box within your recipie list so to speak.
That way You type in the name of the beer your thinking of and up it pops.

Just a symbol next to the brew session item in the list indicating it's a good beer and to brew again. Could be a heart or star or something. I wasn't looking to rate it against my other sessions. Something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 1.42.12 PM.png

Could be a one, two or three-star rating as well but I was just looking for a way to highlight good (successful) brew sessions. That said, same system for the recipe list, maybe?

My favorite beer to brew (and drink of course) was one I found originally on HBT. It was brought over here by someone called "tagobolts". At HBT it came from "cweston". It is an Amber Ale with just the right touch of rye. A slightly complex grain bill and a single hop. Columbus is the hop (CTZ) and I think this is an underrated highly versatile hop. I probably make this 2 to 3 times a year. It is one that I am happy to do a 5 gallon batch even though I'm not a fan of schlepping 40 to 60 pounds of water/beer around on brew day. I have done 3 gallon batches, but they go too fast :)
Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen - the beer Jerry Garcia would call "I Know You Rider," let's have a round of applause for Red Rye Ale.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/786275/red-rye-ale

p.s. .... Any and all Texas beers should have a lone star as their rating. Just sayin'.

Back