Fake News from Big Beer?

I'm super cynical about big beer. Bud Light is shockingly bad, like Budweiser with all the flavour ripped out...

These products just prove the power of advertising, the triumph of form over substance and all that.

The brewing Holy Grail in the UK is a 2.8% ABV beer that they can persuade us to drink in volume. Bud light and its branding plus marketing budget are another step closer to that.

Makes sense to me. Fake advertising to promote a fake product.:rolleyes:

These products just prove the power of advertising, the triumph of form over substance and all that.

My dad used to tell me that anything that was being sold on TV was not what they want you to believe! Beer advertising in the US by Bud in 2017 $1.53 Billion.....Heineken $173 Million.....Yuengling $10 Million...our local craft beer guys are probably getting one their kids or a faithful customer to build their web site for a few pints whenever they drop in.....are you following the trend here?

My dad used to tell me that anything that was being sold on TV was not what they want you to believe! Beer advertising in the US by Bud in 2017 $1.53 Billion.....Heineken $173 Million.....Yuengling $10 Million...our local craft beer guys are probably getting one their kids or a faithful customer to build their web site for a few pints whenever they drop in.....are you following the trend here?

And that's how they sell to us sheeples, that's why McDonalds are still in business. If it's on the magic box in your house it has to be true. It's how president's get to be president's; biggest budget gets the prize.

There has to be a lesson in it somewhere and yet we keep on falling for it. Pretty sure I would quit drinking if there was only Bud Light though, either that or learn to brew my own :)

LOL...they rely on the best form of advertising....word of mouth...by Hipsters!

I never associated PBR with hipsters. Guess I must not be one of them :) It is pretty popular with homebrewers when we they want to reach for a quick can of lawnmower beer. It appears that GABF judges like it too.

I never associated PBR with hipsters. Guess I must not be one of them :) It is pretty popular with homebrewers when we they want to reach for a quick can of lawnmower beer. It appears that GABF judges like it too.
I like it. Not real sure what a hipster is, but if they like PBR too, so be it!

Last edited:
LOL...they rely on the best form of advertising....word of mouth...by Hipsters!
You should have seen the line at the Pabst booth at GABF in 2017 - longest line in the place! Great, little-known beers all around and the hipsters are lined up football-field long to get a PBR.

You should have seen the line at the Pabst booth at GABF in 2017 - longest line in the place! Great, little-known beers all around and the hipsters are lined up football-field long to get a PBR.

Great! We all need to keep the brand alive. Surprised that most of the hipsters aren't seeking out hazy beers :)

I think we're too old and set in our ways to be defined as hipsters.

Yeah.... our beards are too short and too gray!

maxresdefault.jpg

The bean counters at Bud probably started with the hypothesis that if we will pay good money for plain water in a bottle, then we will pay even more money for flavored water in a bottle.

Yeah...saw this one coming...there goes some of that $1.53Bil....you'll be seeing them on Super Bowl Sunday

Two Super Bowl Ads. Only one can win. It's #PostyStore vs. #PostyBar.
Watch #PostyBar and RT your favorite to help us decide. @PostMalone https://t.co/AloEYZ1UBj

I've always heard of Yuengling but I've never seen it in these parts. I'll keep an eye out for it and hopefully give it a try.

The lager is what they will most likely export is ok...typical German lager but their Porter and the Black and Tan is what I cut my beer loving teeth on so they hold a special place in my taste buds...check it out, I'd be interested in your opinion.

The lager is what they will most likely export is ok...typical German lager but their Porter and the Black and Tan is what I cut my beer loving teeth on so they hold a special place in my taste buds...check it out, I'd be interested in your opinion.
My favorite is their Lord Chesterfield Ale. It's incredibly drinkable and I have to admit, I have a soft spot for that slight-skunkiness you get with this beer!. And I have to say that their Golden Pilsner is pretty decent, especially when you consider the price.
I'd be surprised if either made it out west though.

I also like their regular Porter, but I think the Hershey Chocolate Porter is pretty rough. Waayyy too sweet for me.

Back