Error code regarding hops

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
Some one told me today they were getting an error message about hops on the editor, so i tried it myself and could not recreate it. But now i'm getting the same error code trying to save the recipe. 'Error: Invalid Hop Use specified:'

Making a hefe recipe...

I type in 0.5 oz ... Spalt ... 3 AA, 60 min ... save, all good.
I type in 0.5 oz ... Spalt ... 3 AA, 5 min ... save, error code.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.39.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.39.05 PM.png
    749.2 KB · Views: 98
Hmm I wonder if there's a loading issue here, if you look at the utilization it's not filling properly, and the alingment is off.

Could you try changing the use type from boil to something else, like whirlpool, then changing it back?

I'll try and recreate and open a hotfix ticket asap if we can trace the cause.

Tried to recreate in my profile, no such luck.

Logged in as you, copied that recipe (new copy is hefedinkel pricelessbrewing, I left it there in case you can open and recreate the issue so I can see). Still didn't happen.

What browser are you using?

Safari.

just tried to edit the original recipe and everything was working. No clue what was going on. A customer said he was having this issue but he had his listed as Hop Back, so I tried the same thing he was reporting and wasn't getting the same issue. Then I had the same issue with this recipe, but now it seems to be working. I'll keep you posted if it comes back.

Thanks @oliver

Every once in awhile someone reports an issue like this of either invalid hop, or invalid other preventing saves, and we usually can't replicate.

Just chiming in that I am having the same issue all of a sudden. I decided to do a hopstand instead of a 10 minute addition and changed the recipe accordingly and I am pulling my hair out now. I tried deleting these and adding as a new hop additions, made sure all the fields were filled out and nothing. My recipe is fubar right now and tomorrow is brew day. :(

Sorry about that @Northshore, I've replied to your separate thread and added both of these forum threads to the ticket to track the issue with the owners and developers. If we can determine the cause, and reproduce the issue, then we'll be able to resolve it.

The update to patch this has gone live, please let us know if you're still experiencing issues.

Fairly new to using this app. I'm also getting the "Error: Invalid Hop Use specified:" when I try to Save the recipe. Save works successfully with just one Hop addition specified. However, when I try to enter a second (or more) hop additions, I get the error when saving.

Fairly new to using this app. I'm also getting the "Error: Invalid Hop Use specified:" when I try to Save the recipe. Save works successfully with just one Hop addition specified. However, when I try to enter a second (or more) hop additions, I get the error when saving.

Can you give us a screenshot of the hops part of the recipe? I can take a look and see what's going on.

Back