English Pale Ale

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Just done a small 5 litre EPA brew,using up bits and bobs of whatever there was:D
5 litre batch,partial mash,60 min mash,60 min boil,dunk sparge.
454grm Liquid extract at start of boil
100 grms pale malt
50 grms lager malt
10 grms crystal malt
30 grms wheat malt
10 grms styrian goldings pellets 60 min
5 grm cascade pellets 10 min
6 grm cascade pellets aroma 80c
1/2 pack ESB yeast re hydrated
1/4 protofloc tablet 15 mins
OG 1.034
expected abv 3.87%

Probably last brew now for a while.

Last edited:
The 50 grams of lager malt will be lost in this. But no big deal, if you have it lying around and want to use it, it won't hurt, either. I don't see any problem with the recipe other than that - should make a decent pale ale.

good session beer, or lawn mower beer, we have to have those once and a while I just kegged 10 gallons of a 3.75 ABV beer and im looking forward to it this summer

You mentioned this is going to be your last brew for awhile hitting the road eh?

The 50 grams of lager malt will be lost in this. But no big deal, if you have it lying around and want to use it, it won't hurt, either. I don't see any problem with the recipe other than that - should make a decent pale ale.
had it lying around soooooooooooooooooo
chucked it in:D

You mentioned this is going to be your last brew for awhile hitting the road eh?
Well,i have a fishing holiday in a months time,going away with daughter and partner and then away with son,partner and kids-
have a lot of beers stored and probably(i hope) going to get a lot warmer/hotter soon:rolleyes:,so will give the brews a break and re start later in the year.

Back