Dry hop time unit change

peterj

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if someone has already posted about this or when it was updated, but I just noticed that when you select dry hop on the recipe editor it now only gives the option of what day you add the dry hops on instead of how long the dry hops are left in. Some people might find this useful, but I think the vast majority of people (or at least me) would like to measure the contact time. It might be useful to be able to say what day of fermentation to add the hops as well (for NEIPAs, biotransformation, and layering of dry hops), but I would still like to able to say how many days to leave the hops in.

I also noticed that the change was retroactive to all past recipes meaning it changed all of our previous dry hop times that were actually contact time measurements to fermentation day added. This makes all of those numbers completely wrong and is quite confusing.

Is there any way we can change this back to contact time and also add another feature to the recipe editor to say what day dry hops are added?

Old time unit:
captureb-jpg.5517

New time unit:
upload_2019-7-1_10-13-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-1_10-8-25.png
    upload_2019-7-1_10-8-25.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 68
Yes, that should be changed. I don't know what happened, but I'll put in a ticket right now.

This is most likely changed due to a restriction of BeerXML format standard, which has a property for hop additions on WHEN they happen <time> but not on <duration>.

This was something I made sure to fix in the BeerJSON recipe format project, which can be found on github. Full disclosure, I'm a member of the project and there's a few restrictions in BeerXML that were fixed.

@peterj Hey, it looks like this has been patched in. It's a user setting variable rather than a recipe variable though, just an FYI.

Back