(DONE) Take inventory into account for shopping list

jfbtt@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Reaction score
Please provide the option to only add items to shopping list that are not in inventory, or a column in the shopping list that shows current inventory for each item.

Re: Take inventory into account for shopping list

Yep, that would be a good one and was part of the long term design we put into effect.

I agree. It would be cool to have an "add up" function in the shopping list, so that if the same grain appears in various recipes it can be seen as appearing only once. A function "compare with inventory" would work synergistically with the add up function. When clicked on, this function should tell you the difference between the ingredients in your inventory and shopping list so that the negative ones would mean how much one actually needs to buy. Of course, this would turn the "shopping list" into a kind of "pre-shopping list" but still it would be great.

Summary:
An "add up" function (and possibly its inverse to recover information about which recipe each grain comes from).
A "compare with inventory" function, that calculates the difference between the shopping list and the inventory.

Umoyk

Re: (NEXT RELEASE) Take inventory into account for shopping

The next release will include some nice enhancements to the inventory/shopping list section that will address this.

September release is live!

The add to shopping list page now shows what is in your inventory, and allows the amount to add to the shopping list to be controlled. It assumes you want to add this recipe in addition to your inventory, so it pre-fills the entire amount. However, you can edit it, or simply uncheck the line to leave it out.

Down below your entire shopping list is displayed in a summary form.

Attachments

• add_to_shopping_list.png
    add_to_shopping_list.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 865

Umoyk said:
Summary:
An "add up" function (and possibly its inverse to recover information about which recipe each grain comes from).
A "compare with inventory" function, that calculates the difference between the shopping list and the inventory.
Umoyk

In terms of this functionality, we also made the 'convert to inventory' screen a lot smarter (it shows inventory and allows overriding values or skipping lines as well).

Thanks Larry for this upgrade.

I tried it on a recipe, and no matter what i do, it will not show that I have the hops in inventory when converting to the shopping list? Has anyone else experienced this?

olywrestle said:
Thanks Larry for this upgrade.

I tried it on a recipe, and no matter what i do, it will not show that I have the hops in inventory when converting to the shopping list? Has anyone else experienced this?

The hop name, AA and form must match. Double check all those and let me know.

No go. I tried a couple of times. See screenshots to see if another pair of eyes can find my mistake :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-27-17-06-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-27-17-06-09.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 889
  • Screenshot_2013-09-27-17-06-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-27-17-06-24.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 846
  • Screenshot_2013-09-27-17-06-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-27-17-06-57.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 858
Thanks for this. I'll take a look and get back to you.

Thanks for the detailed screen shots. A bug fix for this just went live. Hops between the recipe and inventory now line up in the Add Recipe To Shopping List page. Much appreciated.

Back