(DONE) Printed version formatting

Paithen

Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to hide certain boxes for a printout mostly for purposes of keeping it on one page. E.G. a check box for hide when printing, or even hide/show toggle on-screen which is remembered when the print option is selected. Also, the list of info at the top could be put in 2 columns to help get more complicated malt/hop schedules on a single page printout. Picky things, I know, but sometimes less is more and it would be nice to choose what shows up on the printout.

Thanks for a great service!
Paithen

Re: Printed version formatting

First I'd like to verify that you are using the Print button from the recipe view?

What exactly is overflowing? Another way of putting it is, which fields are extraneous to you?

Link us to a recipe and we'll check it out. One difficulty I see here is, what is extraneous to you may be important to someone else...

First I'd like to verify that you are using the Print button from the recipe view?

Yes I am and its beautiful in small lists of fermentables and hops

What exactly is overflowing? Another way of putting it is, which fields are extraneous to you?
Notes get pushed to the second page as well as part of the water info. Water is sometimes important, sometimes not, notes are sometimes important, sometimes not depending largely on the recipe or perhaps the reason to print it at the time. I don't know how hard or easy it would be to code a toggle or a format table with options to print certain tables and not others, but there have been a few times I would have found this handy.

Link us to a recipe and we'll check it out. One difficulty I see here is, what is extraneous to you may be important to someone else...

exactly why I wouldn't want any fields removed just the ability to sort or arrange or temporarily omit certain categories in certain recipes when printing.

The one I had in mind when I posted was a Lagunitas clone, http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/17273/lagunitas-ipa-ii-10gal

We can work on a simplified view, or just hide certain things so it compresses down to one page. I get that it is nice to have it on one page.

simply an option to hide certain things when printing would be stellar, but some of the other proposals are more worthwhile candidates for attention imo

Thanks,
Paithen

An update will go out in the next release that will allow you to optionally show/hide the recipe heading, the recipe stats, and the newly created hop summary when printing!

The default print mode is unchanged. The checkboxes below show what it would look like in that state.

Attachments

• printoptions.png
    printoptions.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,063

Back