(DONE) Metric Mash Calculator

sbaclimber

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Larry,

two requests here:
1) would it be possible to make metric version of the Mash Infusion and Rest Schedule Calculator (or a way to switch between units)? It would be great if I didn't have to convert kb->lb, l->qt, and C->F before using it. :D
2) some additional hops for the Recipe Editor (AA approximate):
- Opal, AA: 9.6
- Saphir, AA: 4.9
- Smaragd, AA: 8.7
- Celeia, AA: 3.7

Cheers,
Gabe

Re: Metric Mash Calculator

The mash calculator metric upgrade is currently underway. We need to do a better job of supporting metric in all the basic calculators. The plan is to do all of them.

We thought it would be helpful to set a cookie that remembers the metric setting. That way when you come back to the calculator, it will be in metric when it loads.

As for the hops, those are names I don't recognize. My guess is these are regional to Germany? We are thinking of changing the way the hops auto complete box works so any hops you have entered previously (across all your recipes) are augmented into the list. It will also override existing AA values, so there is less work to get the hops section lined up.

Re: Metric Mash Calculator

Hi Larry,

thanks for the reply! A cookie to remember the metric setting sounds pretty good.
Another idea, which would obviously only work for logged-on users, might be to use the "Brew Settings -> Units" setting from the user's Profile. Not sure how easy that would be to implement...

Yes, the hops I listed are mostly local to Germany. (I have seen Saphir being used a bit outside of Germany. Celeia is Slovanian, haven't tried it yet myself)
We are thinking of changing the way the hops auto complete box works so any hops you have entered previously (across all your recipes) are augmented into the list. It will also override existing AA values, so there is less work to get the hops section lined up.
^^ This sounds awesome! Overriding the AA is a particularly good idea, as that varies by hop type, harvest, etc.

Cheers,
Gabe

Awesome! Thanks :)

Back