Did I deduct from inventory twice?

WesBrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished a split brew session. can't remember if I selected to deduct all inredients from inventory when i first started the brew session. today i finished up the boil this morning but i had two brewers friend windows open. i went into one of them and selected -edit brew session- and selected deduct ingredients. looking at my current inventory, remaining amounts of the items i used appear to be off. For example (opened a 4oz pack of simcoe, used one ounce in the recipe, inventory shows 2oz left) Is is possible this could happen? can it be undone or will i have to change figures in the inventory?

Just finished a split brew session. can't remember if I selected to deduct all inredients from inventory when i first started the brew session. today i finished up the boil this morning but i had two brewers friend windows open. i went into one of them and selected -edit brew session- and selected deduct ingredients. looking at my current inventory, remaining amounts of the items i used appear to be off. For example (opened a 4oz pack of simcoe, used one ounce in the recipe, inventory shows 2oz left) Is is possible this could happen? can it be undone or will i have to change figures in the inventory?

You could try looking in the Hops section of the Brewing Report. It should list all your deductions (uses) of hops and other items used in your brews. I'm not sure if it is good enough to notice two deductions in the same day - I've never done two brews of the same brew in the same day so I can't prove it. I does show all deductions though by date. It may help.

ok, checked that. it lumps all of my brew's igredients used together, but there are only 3. strange, the hop usage is correct. if there isn't an issue with the inventory deduction then i had the original inventory amounts wrong for most of the items i used for this brew, or grossly mismeasured on brew day.

I'm not aware of any issues of double inventory deductions or similar, we do have some improvements coming to fix some missed deductions, especially for hops.

OK, as long as I can rule out the system allowing me to double dip on the inventory from one brew session, I can fix my inventory and assume it was my mistake.

NOT the same issue but when selecting "Brew" to see if i have all of the ingredients to brew a recipe, some are items are defaulting to "do not deduct from inventory." Not sure why (EKG and WLP002) are doing that when i have them in inventory. It just seemed odd since everything else defaults to "deduct from inventory"

NOT the same issue but when selecting "Brew" to see if i have all of the ingredients to brew a recipe, some are items are defaulting to "do not deduct from inventory." Not sure why (EKG and WLP002) are doing that when i have them in inventory. It just seemed odd since everything else defaults to "deduct from inventory"

Hi Wes,
This happens when the item in your recipe has been selected from the COMMON list rather than those in your INVENTORY. If you select an item you need to go to the top of the dropdown list to find your inventory entries. Even though the entries are the same characters the position within the drop down list is important.

For example, you may have "Gypsum" in your inventory but you probably have "Gypsum" from lower down the drop list selected - this will be from the COMMON section.

Yes. Thanks. That fixed the issue with those two ingredients, had to re-select on several recipies. One did show i selected the correct one on recipe. i had to go back in and select it again. I checked a couple of other recipies and found that some other ingredient (typycally hops) defaulted to do not select when the correct one was showing from inventory.
-Also when opening another recipe in *edit, i checked some things i had changed in inventory but they do not show as changed in the recipe.

Yes there is no automatic update to recipes when you change something in the inventory - probably just as well - it is a bit of a pain but you do have to manually update any recipes you want to keep current. It is OK if you only have a few recipes but as soon as you get over 30 or so it will drive you nuts keeping updated.
Glad you got it fixed.

I updated Golden Promise and that did appear to update in a recipe. strange. Hops definitely not. Let that be a request: Get the inventory changes to update in the recipes automatically!!

I updated Golden Promise and that did appear to update in a recipe. strange. Hops definitely not. Let that be a request: Get the inventory changes to update in the recipes automatically!!

We totally agree that it doesn't make sense and needs to be looked at. In the future update we're hoping to keep the existing behaviour in place for recipe snapshots, but non snapshot recipes will be updated live as inventory changes occur.

It's on the to do list in the near future!

Back to the topic at hand, that's frustrating, I thought we had fixed this a couple months ago. Will revisit and get back to you all here.

damn accidentally hit "brew it “ twice. it shows two brew sessions in dashboard for the same recipe. i deleted one. i'll have to check to see if it deducted twice.

Last edited:

Back