Diaphragm Sounding Valve

Nola_Brew

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Received my All Rounder last week. When using the diaphragm spunding Valve do you need to attach a tube to the exit end and into starsan or can I just use it without a tube?

Received my All Rounder last week. When using the diaphragm spunding Valve do you need to attach a tube to the exit end and into starsan or can I just use it without a tube?
Without. Let er blow! I have also started to remove my pressure gauge after I have pressure set where I want it. It can be added back after activity has dropped some, but I've had some huge ferments and don't want to risk losing the gauge. My Blowtie can be taken apart and cleaned.

I still put it into a beer bottle filled with water or starsan solution. Don’t have to, but I like to see if it’s still venting.

This is what I've been doing
20200621_082459.jpg

That line going to keg then becomes my transfer line once beer is done

Which line goes to the keg?

For this brew I left the line off. It's It's currently at 8 psi which I will leave until tomorrow or Monday at which point I will dry hop.

For this brew I left the line off. It's It's currently at 8 psi which I will leave until tomorrow or Monday at which point I will dry hop.
I hope you have better luck with the All Rounder. I've still had excellent luck with the Fermzilla, but I don't always need the collection chamber, and I'd like something with a lower profile. Plus, I'm not the biggest fan of cleaning it.
The All Rounder is still on my list.

I hope you have better luck with the All Rounder. I've still had excellent luck with the Fermzilla, but I don't always need the collection chamber, and I'd like something with a lower profile. Plus, I'm not the biggest fan of cleaning it.
The All Rounder is still on my list.
So far it's working fine. Fermenting with no leakage. The spunding is set at 8 psi. Will probably dry hop tomorrow.
As for the fermzilla, then concept is great. I wanted the collection cup to be used for dry hoping but fighting with getting it to seal wasnt worth the effort. I think Kegland changed the oring so maybe that helps others.
I like the lower profile of the All Rounder and it fits fine in my fermentation chamber plus not having to remove it to transfer to keg is a plus.

Ah yeah that makes sense now.

Back