Reaction score
My profile has "Grainfather Normal" set as the default:
upload_2019-10-9_14-26-26.png

When I create a recipe it is set to "Grainfather LODO" be default:

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-9_14-27-25.png
    upload_2019-10-9_14-27-25.png
    1 MB · Views: 140
"Brew" will carry over whatever equipment profile is selected in the recipe. If I leave the wrong default "Grainfather LODO" it takes that to the brew sessions, if I change the equipment to "Grainfather Normal" it will take that to the brew session.

Also, when creating a new recipe the first thing I do is select the equipment profile since there are so many values associated with this profile like efficiency, evap. rate, mash thickness, etc. It seems like none of these values change over automatically to the values that should be associated with the equipment profile.

For example:
Grainfather LODO equip. profile, I have mash thickness set to 1.75 qt/lb.
Grainfather Normal equip. profile, I have mash thickness set to 1.75 qt/lb.
Test Batch equip. profile, I have mash thickness set to 1.8 qt/lb.

If I start a new recipe and switch between the default profil ethese profiles (without inputting ANY other values), the mash thickness value does not change based on the selected equpi. profile. It just stays with the initial value set by the default equip. profile. Is this expected behavior?

Also, when creating a new recipe the first thing I do is select the equipment profile since there are so many values associated with this profile like efficiency, evap. rate, mash thickness, etc. It seems like none of these values change over automatically to the values that should be associated with the equipment profile.

For example:
Grainfather LODO equip. profile, I have mash thickness set to 1.75 qt/lb.
Grainfather Normal equip. profile, I have mash thickness set to 1.75 qt/lb.
Test Batch equip. profile, I have mash thickness set to 1.8 qt/lb.

If I start a new recipe and switch between the default profil ethese profiles (without inputting ANY other values), the mash thickness value does not change based on the selected equpi. profile. It just stays with the initial value set by the default equip. profile. Is this expected behavior?

Nope. My opinion is that your recipe should auto adjust to any equipment profile you decide to use on any given brew day. It makes ZERO sense to have to create a new recipe for anytime you want to change profiles.

Nope. My opinion is that your recipe should auto adjust to any equipment profile you decide to use on any given brew day. It makes ZERO sense to have to create a new recipe for anytime you want to change profiles.

It makes me concerned that it's not accounting for different evap rates, misc. losses, etc, which could explain why I've had such trouble hitting OGs and volumes when switching between equipment profiles.

I understand that this may not be not a super common use case, most probably only have 1 set of equipment. I have 2 sets, one for 5+ gallon batches (with two configurations) and one for 1-gallon batches.

Thank you for the thorough explanation. I've put in a support ticket for this, and will keep you posted.

Plus one to this!

This 100%. I have a few setups, braumeister, 3 vessel rims system, cooler and Kettle.

Thank you for the thorough explanation. I've put in a support ticket for this, and will keep you posted.
Did this get resolved? Any chance of getting an equipment profile "switch" on the recipe page? Is it possible to see how the recipe changes with different equip profiles without having to go back in My Profile and resetting default?

We have the ability to add as many equipment profiles as you like, and you can go between them at any time, or save a new one as the default whenever you’d like as well. The only thing that should change in the profiles is the batch size and water requirements.

Back