Dark and stormy

Which brew?

• BBP 22 - Porter

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Dark Beer - Czech Dark Lager

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Oh, the Porter for sure. :)

Well the porter looks chewy with the dextrine malt and the water additive.
The dark lager looks good but more time to make it.
I like the porter now and the lager for spring

Never liked porters or stout, so I'll go dark lager

Sorry to even it out, but the dark lager for me. Nothing against porters though.

I really dig the look of a dark lager and I think it tricks my tasting expectations so there's that silliness and even though I would typically take a porter or a stout over a lager, I want them to also meet my expectations... specifically that it tastes like a porter or a stout and not like I'm gonna have a hangover tomorrow! Bad memories of too much good times I guess!

You know I'm going the Czech Dark lager.
Throw In a decoction even just for something extra.
:)

You know I'm going the Czech Dark lager.
Throw In a decoction even just for something extra.
:)
I'm leaning towards the lager. Current temperatures make it more feasible as well. This is a new recipe for me. Instead of another Shady Boh (which you all know I love), I took inspiration from a magazine article about Czech dark lagers and built this recipe. If it's good, it'd be fun to test a decoction mash next time to see a difference, if any

I can’t vote.. you are awesome so I’m expecting you to brew both :D

Is that the correct answer, Ward?

DING ! It's funny how 2 hops that so many people think taste the same can draw such a division as to which one tastes better! Goofy...just goofy!

Last edited:
Turns out I have German lager yeast, not California common yeast. Oh well. Luckily I usually pressure ferment. Will try to keep it around 60F and 15 psi through primary fermentation

Sounds like we should start a thread with: "what hop do you like" or a poll "who does not like Fuggles" :D

Back