Cycling Between Metric and US Deletes ALL Other Ingredients

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say this but when you load an old recipe and cycle between Metric and US volumes results in
ALL Other Ingredients Volumes to be deleted - well set to zero.

Not many will do this I guess as they will stick to their preferred Units. I was testing the Temperature values cycling - that now works - but I discovered this one. I think other fields are OK and it must be in the conversion code somewhere.

BEFORE:
upload_2019-2-20_23-45-57.png

AFTER:
upload_2019-2-20_23-46-26.png

It is ALL Other Ingredients Amounts not just the top one.

Thank you for the report and the screenshots- I put in a ticket for this. That one would have been tough to find without the screenshots, so we really appreciate it!

Sorry to say this but when you load an old recipe and cycle between Metric and US volumes results in
ALL Other Ingredients Volumes to be deleted - well set to zero.

Not many will do this I guess as they will stick to their preferred Units. I was testing the Temperature values cycling - that now works - but I discovered this one. I think other fields are OK and it must be in the conversion code somewhere.

BEFORE:
View attachment 5281

AFTER:
View attachment 5282

It is ALL Other Ingredients Amounts not just the top one.

I think it's fixed- do you want to try it on the beta site, to see if you can recreate? I'm testing it as well.

I think it's fixed- do you want to try it on the beta site, to see if you can recreate? I'm testing it as well.

Well loading an old recipe and switching Units does not zero Other Ingredients amounts BUT it doesn't convert the values now.

I had 4gm when under Metric, then switched to US and I get 4 oz.... problem half fixed.

Do you want screen shots?

It also does the same with HOPS - values are not being converted when you switch between units...

However... the TOTAL of the hops does change - but it is the individual hop sections that don't change.

############ This is due to rounding errors ########## not an issue####
As for the total changing, the calculated IBU value alters... why? Surely - if all other volumes and amounts don't change (except for unit conversion) their respective concentrations don't change so the IBU value should not change or am I missing something here?
##################################### ##############################

Last edited:
Switching from one unit to another after loading a previously OK recipe.

This is in BETA....

upload_2019-2-21_18-48-29.png

After switching...

upload_2019-2-21_18-50-50.png

Hope this helps...

Well loading an old recipe and switching Units does not zero Other Ingredients amounts BUT it doesn't convert the values now.

I had 4gm when under Metric, then switched to US and I get 4 oz.... problem half fixed.

Do you want screen shots?

YES!!!! Thank you.

Back