CraftBeerPi PT100 Problems

Trump

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have my MAX31865 boards hooked up. All read the same temp...1800F whether the PT100 is plugged in or not. I have checked all connections and did not find a short. Anybody have any ideas?? 3-wire RTD.

Thanks.
Ken

Is there settings for the board, could it be set to a different probe?

Good morning, if anyone is still monitoring this thread I need some help. I set up my craftbeerpi box with 4-wire 240 coming into the box, wired it up like it instructs in Craftbeerpi, but I'm showing constant power to all my outlets (leviton L6-20R), even though there's no continuity between poles 1 & 2 on the SSR. I've posted a diagram of how I've wired everything. Thanks in advance.
SSR Wiring for Craftbeerpi.png

there should be a magnetic relay to there before each ssr and a switch turns on the relay to open the gate for the ssr to power the element

I'm confused. i thought the SSR is the relay that is usually open and closes when it receives the 3v input from the RPi. The way it's been explained is poles 1 & 2 are open on the top of the SSR, then once the 3v comes in to the bottom of the SSR, 1 & 2 close which allows the 120v current to pass through to the outlet. Is that not right?

if your running 240V to your elements you need a relay, the ssr is just considered a switch, the way you have it now 1 hot leg is always powered, the relay cuts both legs and the pi turns it on and lets both through, they may have a different reason for that and I would check with them, but what I'm suggesting is common practice

Ok I understand the reason for the relay, however that only cuts one of the hot legs. The other hot leg is still getting constant power from the SSR even though there isn't 3v going to it to turn it on.

Back